City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
This course is designed for employees who give health & safety assistance in organisations where the hazards and risks are relatively straight-forward. Candidates will need to build a portfolio of performance evidence and demonstrate they have sufficient knowledge and understanding of health & safety in the workplace.
This qualification entitles the applicant to apply for membership with the Institution of Safety and Health (IOSH) at Technical Member (Tech IOSH). If successful, candidates are given the post-nominals of Tech IOSH.
(Please note that this qualification would not be sufficient to enable the individual to offer health and safety assistance in a high-risk environment).
• Ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce risks to Health and safety
• Develop procedures to safely control work operations
• Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
• Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
• Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
• Investigate and evaluate Health and Safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
• Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
• Review Health and Safety procedures in the workplace
• Supervise the Health, Safety and Welfare of a learner in the workplace
City and Guilds does not set entry requirements for this qualification. However, this qualification would not be suitable to offer health and safety assistance in a high risk environment.
• Work book